Wine For Your Labor Day BBQ!
September 1st, 2017
Labor Day weekend is here and that means getting out on the lake, spending time with your family, and most importantly, BBQing! We are at the end of summer so now is the perfect time to fire up the grills and crank out some ribs, burgers, and briskets. But is there room for wine at your BBQ?… of course! There’s always room for wine. Typically, when it comes to BBQ, most people tend to pair it’s rich smoky flavors with a pack of beer, but a well-paired wine can elevate your cookout to heights you never thought possible. So fire up those griddles and pick up your corkscrews because we have a wine pairing list that will make your backyard BBQ a neighborhood sensation.
- The all American favorite. Hamburgers pair well with most red wines and Cabernet Sauvignons. Whitehall Lane’s Cabernet Sauvignon has a distinct berry and cherry flavor that will cut through the rich grilled meat and create a surprisingly delicious finish.
- If you’re having grilled vegetables then consider pairing them with the crisp fruit flavor of aromatic white wines like our Sauvignon Blanc. The fresh acidity and subtle toasty notes will be a perfect complement to the flavor of grilled dishes.
- If you have a vegetarian wine drinker attending your event consider our delicious Chardonnay with their grilled veggie burger, veggie kabob, or grilled zucchini.
- Due to it’s very versatile pairing with food, most smoked meats pair perfectly with Pinot Noir. Some would even call Pinot Noir the ultimate food wine.
Just Plain Refreshing
- If it’s going to be a hot Labor Day weekend in your area don’t forget to chill your Rosé. Our Syrah Rosé is bursting with fresh strawberries and is a perfect combination of refreshing and delicious to keep you and your guests cool.